GIVING LIFE THROUGH A SIMPLE GESTURE
Sr. Joséphine Rasoazanamadio DW
For three years now, I live at La Chartreuse d’Auray in France. I am a Daughter of Wisdom from Madagascar and for many years now I wished to care for the elderly. I was invited to go to France to train for the care of the elderly. What a blessing! My deepest wish was fulfilled, and with it, I found Wisdom that I had been seeking a long time.
And now I meet Wisdom in the community where I live : a community of around 40 Sisters. Most of them are integrated in a “Home for Senior and Dependent Persons” (EHPAD). Sr. Madeleine Joret, Superior of the community and 3 other Sisters provide the leadership service to the Senior Sisters. Therefore, the group called “Oasis” has 5 members including me.
In community, I meet Wisdom in…
- Evert day personal and community prayer
- Attention to world events integrated in prayer
- Sharing and respectful attention to each other, despite our differences
- Twice a month Community meetings with our older Sisters. Their testimonies touch me. Even at 90, they participate in faith sharing, reflection and study of the Word.
I also meet Wisdom in…
- The care I provide with the personnel.
- My participation to the animation with the person in charge and in the residents’ rooms
- Listening to each one
- Journeying with them on their daily path, giving them service, making them happy even if only by a smile.
My desire is to be a witness to Wisdom with the elderly by gestures of kindness.
Isn’t the purpose of the Gospel, LOVE ?
I entrust to the Lord my desire to be a living Gospel in all my relationship.